The only thing better than a single peanut butter cookie, are two with chocolate and peanut butter mousse between them in the perfect Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies!
My friend and business strategist extraordinaire, Stephani, is pregnant and manages to work peanut butter sandwich cookies into every conversation we have. There’s no stopping the cravings of a pregnant woman and I think they may be contagious.
These cookies are from the pages of the newest baking book from Bake From Scratch, The Cookie Collection. The book is a compilation of many recipes from their magazine and special issue editions and even includes some recipes from yours truly. I had Stephani in mind when I chose to make these, instead of my Piñon Mexican Wedding Cookies or Caramelized White Chocolate Sables with Sea Salt, which are both terrific, but I’ve made them many times and well, cravings! In the recipe from The Cookie Collection, they made the sandwiches with jelly, which seems like the perfect lunch box treat, but I went with a ganache instead, both ways will satisfy.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies the only thing I changed was to add ganache in the place of the jelly.
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream
- Make the cookies. RECIPE HERE.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream in a small pot to a gentle simmer. Turn off the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Swirl the pan to submerge the chocolate and let sit for 3 minutes. Gently stir until the chocolate is smooth. Pour into a bowl and cool to room temperature. Pipe the firm ganache onto the cookies.
Thank you Bake From Scratch for sending the book, it is lovely!