These are the manicotti crepes I made on the Family Crepes episode of Zoë Bakes on Magnolia Network. In this episode I demonstrate the delicious versatility of crêpes with everything from bananas Foster crepes to these savory manicotti crepes. For more inspiration, I also visit a local pastry chef to see how a crêpe cake is made. You’ll find my basic crepes recipe here.
I made these manicotti crepes for my husband on our very first date and I’m pretty sure this recipe is the reason we’re married! 😉 I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 1 cup grated fontina
- 2 cups (16 oz) ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 12 crepes
- fresh parsley and basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together fontina, ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, egg and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a layer of tomato sauce to the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Add about a 1/2 cup of the cheese filling to each crepe, roll up and place in the baking dish seam side down. Drizzle with the remaining tomato sauce and the top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned and the sauce is bubbly. Top with fresh parsley and basil, and serve.