These are the manicotti crepes I made on the Family Crepes episode of Zoë Bakes on Magnolia Network. In this episode I demonstrate the delicious versatility of crêpes with everything from bananas Foster crepes to these savory manicotti crepes. For more inspiration, I also visit a local pastry chef to see how a crêpe cake is made. You’ll find my basic crepes recipe here.
I made these manicotti crepes for my husband on our very first date and I’m pretty sure this recipe is the reason we’re married! 😉 I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 1 cup grated fontina
- 2 cups (16 oz) ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 12 crepes
- fresh parsley and basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together fontina, ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, egg and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a layer of tomato sauce to the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Add about a 1/2 cup of the cheese filling to each crepe, roll up and place in the baking dish seam side down. Drizzle with the remaining tomato sauce and the top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned and the sauce is bubbly. Top with fresh parsley and basil, and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
7 thoughts to “Manicotti Crepes”
I just discovered you because I was in hospital! Your recipes and the way you present them are very informative and awesome with loads of things I struggled with being a home cook. Bravo to MN to discover you, or you discovering them. My mother was the best cook and made things out of nothing. I will never make food as delicious as she did as I live in a very different part of the world. Your breads however will help me get there! The information of having bread dough in the fridge has inspired me to get better and get to it. Thank you for making my boring day in bed so much fun. Stay well and keep the shows coming, I have recorded both seasons and will keep the shows forever if I can. You are fantastic! Every recipe will be tried!
Hi Ronnie, thank you so much for the kind note. We are thrilled to hear you’re inspired by Zoë’s show and recipes!
Is Zoe returning with more shows? They really are great shows and very informative. I have learned so much from her about baking. I have ordered and received her book and my Partner and I cannot wait to bake. I have made the dough and did some flat breads with fresh figs and smoked meat, it is fantastic!
Please tell me she is making more shows? Thank you
Hi Ronnie, yes she is! They have been releasing new episodes every Sunday at 2 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. CT on Magnolia Network and discovery+. She is also currently filming season 3. We are so thrilled you’re enjoying the show!
I have made (only) 3 of your recipes so far. The bread, which I make a lot, Blueberry muffins and the carrot cake. Oh my gosh! Every single one is great. The carrot cake got rave reviews from friends. Love your show and I certainly will be making more of your recipes.
Now to decide which recipe book!
I made these tonight using your crepe recipe (I got both recipes from your show on Magnolia Network). They turned out amazing! My new favorite meal! Thank you for sharing and inspiring me. I’ve never made crepes until I watched your episode. They’re so easy, and so delicious!
I will be making this every time I want to impress someone. Thanks, Zoe!