What’s the secret to making the perfect whipped cream? Go low and slow. It’s a very simple recipe that everyone can make at home with a little heavy whipping cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. You’ll want to use this recipe up as soon as it’s done, because whipped cream is best served immediately, but it will keep for a few days on cakes in the refrigerator.
You can sweeten this to your liking (the recipe calls for 1 to 2 tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar) and I also offer some fun flavor varieties in Zoë Bakes Cakes like peanut butter, coffee or raspberry whipped cream. Once you have the basic recipe down, you can add flavors you love!
- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until just thick—it will start to leave marks from the whisk in the cream.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and, using the whisk attachment, continue whipping by hand for several seconds until the cream reaches the desired consistency. This ensures the stand won't over-mix.
- Whipped cream is best used immediately!