There is really nothing more loving or romantic than baking for the ones you love. And, if it happens to be Valentine’s Day Cinnamon Rolls in the shape of a heart, they are the perfect holiday treat for everyone. These buns are based on our most popular, super easy and fast cinnamon roll recipe from Holiday and Celebration Bread in Five Minutes a Day, which is the perfect way to celebrate just about any day, no special occasion necessary. I added crushed fresh raspberries to the cream cheese icing to add a bit of pink and sweeten the deal even more.
Happy Galentine’s and Valentine’s Day to you all!
Valentine’s Day Cinnamon Rolls
I added just 3 crushed raspberries to the cream cheese icing to get the color I wanted, plus more for garnish.
- 2 ½ lbs Brioche Dough GET BRIOCHE RECIPE
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 6 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Give the dough 3 or 4 turns to help bind the gluten and give the rolls great texture. Rest the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it to 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Brush the entire surface with the melted butter. In a small bowl mix together the sugars, cinnamon and zest.
- Spread the mixture over the butter topped dough. Use your hands to make sure you have an even coat of the sugar. Then roll the dough up, starting at the short end.
- Set the buns on a parchment lined Sheet Pan or in a buttered baking dish. Give them about 1 1/2 to 2-inches between them. It is okay if they rise together in the oven.
- Loosely cover the buns and let them rest between 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The long rest will insure that you have a fluffy bun. (You can set these up the night before and let them rest overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning take them out and let them sit on the counter for about 45 minutes to an hour.) You may get away with slightly shorter rise, but the buns will not be quite as soft.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, just until the centers are set when poked with your finger (they should be caramel colored). Let them cool for about 10 minutes.