Easter Egg Cupcakes
These Easter Egg Cupcakes are decorated for kids, but the flavors will satisfy adults. Go with whatever flavor combinations get you excited.
- 1 batch Devil’s Food baked as 24 cupcakes
- 8 oz Passion fruit chocolate*, melted (to make the nests) can use white chocolate or any flavor you want
- Candied mini eggs**
- 6 cups (720g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) passion fruit juice juice of two passion fruits****
In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the confectioners’ sugar and butter and beat on low speed until combined.
Turn the mixer speed to medium and beat until a thick paste forms. Scrape down the bowl and paddle, then add the vanilla, almond extract and salt and beat for a few seconds more.
Remove 1/3 of the buttercream from the bowl and cover. This will be your grass and you'll be adding green food coloring to it and using a Grass Piping Tip***. For the remaining 2/3 buttercream, with the mixer on low speed, add enough of the passion fruit juice, a little at a time, to make the frosting spreadable. Use immediately.