This brilliant cherry angel pie looks complicated, but it’s really quite simple. Make some basic components (meringue pie crust, pastry cream and cherry sauce!) then top with whipped cream and flowers for an impressive dessert! I dusted the angel pie crust with plum powder from SOS Chefs for a fun pink punch.
- Angel Pie Crust dusted with plum powder
- Vanilla Pastry Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Edible Flowers Optional
- 24 oz frozen sour cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cardamom extract
- 2 Tbsp water or sweet white wine
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Start by making your angel pie crust and vanilla pastry cream.
Sour Cherry Layer
- In a saucepan cook together the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, extracts and water (or wine). Cook over low heat until they come to a boil and the cornstarch turns translucent. Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool and thicken.
- Dust the cooled pie shell with plum powder. Spread the vanilla pastry cream into the pie shell. Top with a layer of sour cherries. Top with whipped cream and flowers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
One thought to “Cherry Angel Pie”
I think that may be the most beautiful pie I’ve ever seen…and something that pretty much combines my two favorite desserts, pie and pavlova? This is my dream.